We care about the rivers, oceans and lakes we paddle on. Our mission is to empower the NSW paddling community to care for and improve our environment. As a state organisation, PaddleNSW is bringing together paddlers and environmental organisations to achieve environmental outcomes for our waterways.
What are we doing?
– Coordinating and supporting river and ocean clean-ups – see here for clean-up opportunities
– Reducing the amount of single-use plastics at paddle events
– Establishing environmental responsibility across all our clubs through our Environmental Code
– Promoting and involved in Bushcare kayaking (weed removal on rivers, by kayak)
– Promoting and involved in citizen science paddling projects – see here for volunteer opportunities
– Sampling for microplastics in the environment – part of the AUSMAP project
– Running eco-paddle tours – raising awareness about the environmental challenges and management of our waterways
– Promoting minimal impact paddling
– Running webinars on environmental topics of interest to paddlers
– Creating ‘pick up while you paddle’ and ‘paddle against plastic’ merchandise: t-shirts, cotton bags and bamboo keep cups now available!