Race 1: Pittwater Challenge : 13 March 2021
Saturday 13th March, 2021
Start from Rowland Reserve, Bayview NSW
Early Bird entries close Tuesday 9th, entries close Thursday 11th
Briefing via email only
Race 1 of the 2021 PaddleNSW Harbour Series returns to Pittwater for the Challenge, hosted by Manly Warringah Kayak Club.
2021 will begin where 2020 left off, and all Covid-related guidelines and safety procedures will remain in place. It should go without saying, but will be said anyway: if you’re not well, have any cold or flu like symptoms, have been in a Covid Hotspot area, are waiting for Test Results, and/or should be isolating, please DO NOT come to this event.
- There are two courses, Long Course (14km) and Short Course (9km)
- In order to manage crowd sizes (Covid-19) we will have separate check-in times depending on which course and craft you intend to use. See specific times below.
- A Race Briefing will be emailed to you the Friday night before the race. Be sure to read it as there will be no briefing on the day
- You should arrive early in order to collect and affix your race number but not before the allocated check-in times. New numbers will be allocated.
- Please arrive ready to paddle and leave the venue as soon as you have completed your race (once again due to Covid-19). There will be no presentations this year.
- There will be no catering services provided in this year’s Series so bring everything you need with you.
2021 Harbour Series Spec Ski Competition (NEW 2021)
- Open to U17/U19 Age Groups ONLY
- Open to Spec Skis ONLY
- Short Course ONLY
- Team Competition Available
In response to feedback from last season, the 2021 Harbour Racing Series sees the introduction of a new format designed to cater for Surf Lifesaving or other Juniors who wish to race SLSA Spec Skis in U17 and U19 age groups (Males and Females). The date for determining age groups is aligned with SLSA and defined as your age on 01 October 2021.
Please note this category is for only for Juniors paddling SLSA Spec Skis and will compete over the Short Course only. All other juniors paddling other craft will fall under existing Paddle Australia/ICF rules, which for the Harbour Series is U18 and defined as your age on 01 January 2021
Additionally, there will also be a Junior Spec Ski Team competition, whereby the top three U17/U19 finishers from each SLSA Club or Team (inc non SLSA members) will accumulate points to a Teams Competition total. Whilst it is envisaged that most Teams will come from Surf Clubs, Juniors from other clubs are free enter. To ensure your points are included, U17/U19 entrants must also enter the Club you are competing for. The top three placegetters from each Club will score points for their nominated Team (Club). Points are awarded on a sliding scale – 1st place = 100 points, 2nd place = 99 points, 3rd place = 98 points, etc, etc.
Please note that Juniors wishing to compete in this Series will need to be PaddleAustralia members, or will need to purchase the Single Event Licence ($10) for each event they enter.
Membership can be purchased during the Registration process.