As the NSW State Government gradually eases restrictions after the global pandemic, PaddleNSW advises the following Covid19 guidelines for paddlers and clubs:
- Team boats (Doubles, 4’s, OC6s) are now permitted.
- Contact paddling (such as canoe polo) will be permitted from 1st July.
- Training may occur provided social distancing measures are in place both on and of the water. Paddlers may train in groups of up to 20 paddlers.
- Any paddler who shows symptoms or suspects contact with Covid19 must report this to the club and health authorities, and immediately self-isolate.
- PaddleNSW is currently looking at the resumption of inter-club, state series and championship paddling events in the near future. Stay tuned.
- Clubs should arrange for any surfaces or areas that are commonly used by paddlers to be cleaned regularly, and for hand sanitising products to be freely available to facility users.
- Communal facilities such as shower blocks should not to be used where possible, and where that is not possible, social distancing practices maintained.
- Do not serve food. We are a recreation industry, not a food and beverage industry.
- A register of all participants must be kept for every club activity.