The Western Sydney Whitewater Club would like to shine the spotlight on Georgia Rankin for her volunteering efforts.
Georgia is absolutely one of the main drivers of the club. She’s a great promoter of (whitewater) paddling, not just slalom, and not just the competitive side of it. Her enthusiasm and energy are contagious.
Georgia hails from Perth and moved to Western Sydney as a slalom competitor. She has represented Australia internationally at U23 World Championships and at Senior World Cup level. She was the Western Sydney Whitewater Club coach for several seasons and continues to be an active member of the club and community. She also studied Biomedical Engineering at uni!
Thanks Georgia for the following:
– Club committee member (continuing)
– Coaching and inspiring beginner groups.
– Organising come and try days
– Organising busy bees to build the slalom courses on the Nepean
– Taking junior paddlers on river runs
– Commentating at international competitions!
Cover Image by Ewan Mackie